explore our programs
Our academic majors offer students valuable opportunities. Whether you are studying across disciplines and broadening your knowledge base or conducting research with award-winning faculty in areas that address some of the most pressing issues facing our society and the planet, you are acquiring skills that will help you achieve your goals.
school of engineering
- Bioengineering, B.S.
- Computer Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Environmental Engineering, B.S.
- Materials Science and Engineering, B.S
Optional emphasis: - Nanotechnology
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Undeclared School of Engineering
school of social sciences, humanities and arts
- Anthropology, B.A.
- Cognitive Science, B.S., B.A.
- Critical Race and Ethnic Studies, B.A.
- Economics, B.S., B.A.
- English, B.A.
- Global Arts Studies Program, B.A.
- History, B.A.
- Management and Business Economics, B.S.
- Philosophy, B.A.
- Political Science, B.A.
- Psychology, B.A.
- Public Health, B.A.
- Sociology, B.A.
- Spanish, B.A.
- Undeclared School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
school of natural sciences
- Applied Mathematical Sciences, B.S. Emphases: - Computational and Data Sciences - Computational Biology - Computer Science - Economics - Engineering - Environmental - Physics
- Biological Sciences, B.S. Emphases: - Developmental Biology - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology - Human Biology - Microbiology and Immunology - Molecular and Cell Biology
- Chemical Sciences, B.S. Emphases: - Biological Chemistry - Chemical Sciences - Materials Chemistry
- Environmental Systems Science, B.S.
- Physics, B.S. Emphases: - Atomic/Molecular/Optical/Condensed Matter - Biophysics - Mathematical Physics - Physics
- Undeclared School of Natural Sciences
in addition to our academic majors, uc merced offers a vast array of opportunities and support for students
UC Merced’s Office of Leadership, Service and Career will help you build skills and experiences to shape your personal brand and forge a pathway to your future professional goals.
UC Merced is a hub for research where students have the opportunity to conduct impactful research with esteemed faculty as an undergraduate.
Advisors in the Bobcat Advising Center (BAC) assist all first year and undeclared students in planning their academic program, adjusting to the academic rigor of a research university and accessing resources tailored to the student’s needs.
outside the classroom
Learn more about student life outside the classroom, such as study abroad, clubs and organizations, events, Greek life, athletics, and recreation and wellness.