AdvenTOURS is a special program designed to support newly admitted and continuing students in learning how to easily locate UC Merced's buildings and classroom spaces.
REGISTER FOR Classroom AdvenTours:
Please choose from one of the following dates.
Tuesday, August 24, 2021 Time: 11:00am to 2:00pm
Saturday, August 28, 2021 Time: 9:30am to 11:30am
PREPARING FOR YOUR Classroom Tour
Registration is required and is currently limited to one student (1 registration per student). Masks are required during the entirety of your time on campus for this tour.
In order to provide a seamless experience, please be aware of the following COVID-19 and CDC protocols.
COVID-19 SYMPTOM CHECK
We ask you to perform a COVID-19 symptom assessment before arriving on campus. If you feel sick, or have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19 within the last 14 days, please refrain from participating in the classroom tour. Please visit our Do Your Part website for detailed information on how to self-check for COVID-19 symptoms. Submit Daily Health Screening Questionnaire every day, and before reporting to campus, individuals must respond to the daily health check email. If you have any symptoms, stay home, report your status to the COVID Response Center, and inform your supervisor. If you live on campus, stay in your dorm, and report your status to the COVID Response Center.
FACE COVERINGS & HYGIENE
You are required to bring a face covering to wear while on campus. Face coverings should be worn at all times, especially when physical distancing of six (6) feet or greater is not possible.
On the Day of Your classroom tour
Fifteen minutes prior to your tour time, please proceed to the Welcome Center for check-in. You can view the campus map here. Tour groups will be limited to twenty (20) persons total. (1 student per registration).
Health and Wellness Check
Answering ‘YES’ to any of the health screening questions will result in the cancellation of your UC Merced Classroom Tour. Before proceeding with check-in and event instructions, we will ask you the following questions
- Have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, been told to quarantine/isolate by a medical provider or the health department?
- In the past 14 days, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had close contact (i.e., less than 6 feet of physical distance) for 10 minutes or more with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- Are you or anyone in your immediate traveling party experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition?
- In the past 48 hours, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had at least two of the following symptoms which are new or not explained by a pre-existing condition: fever, chills, repeated shaking chills, fatigue, muscle pain, body aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell?
- Did you or any member in your immediate travel party, have a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit at any point in the past 72 hours?
- Have you or any member in your immediate traveling party, tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
While UC Merced is taking all precautions to safeguard our community, we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure and infection on campus. Please be reminded that you are undertaking your visit at your own risk.
Directions TO THE WELCOME CENTER
To get directions to the campus, input the address 5200 Lake Road, Merced, CA 95340. You can also view a campus map at ucmerced.edu/maps. The main entrance of campus is off Bellevue Road and Lake Road.
You will head to the Welcome Center to check-in for your classroom tour. Use the map in the link to locate the Welcome Center which is adjacent to the Administration building.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if the event I want to join is at capacity? Due to COVID-19 policies, all guests must be pre-registered. We will be unable to accommodate additional guests or walk-in registrations.
- Can I bring a guest to the Classroom Tour? At this time, we are unable to accommodate additional guests. We will not be able to make any exceptions to this policy.
- How do I get to campus and, where do I park? You can use Google Maps to coordinate your arrival to campus. Our physical address is: 5200 N. Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343. See above to download the campus map.
For Additional Questions
We look forward to seeing you on campus!